About Me

My photo
‘Bella BOO! Party Productions’ caters to parents who want to give their child the party of their dreams but simply don’t have the time to do so. As a mother myself, I know how hard it is to make time for everything; between dressing, feeding and classes there is hardly any time left to fit in planning the upcoming birthday… or birthdays for that matter! Between searching for suppliers, getting quotes, setting a theme and so much more there is hardly any time to take a breath! That is where ‘Bella BOO! Party Productions’ come in! I will do everything from helping choose the theme, collecting quotes and setting up! How much help you want is totally up to you! If it is quote sourcing you need I can do it! If you want help with the decorations I can do that too! And if you want help with the whole day, I am with you the whole way!

Thursday 28 June 2012

Bella's 2nd Birthday Toy Story Bonanza!

Well, by 13 months old, 'In the Night Garden' was out the door and 'Tinkerbell' became the most loved character in the house... that was until 22 months old and our daughter discovered 'Toy Story'!!! Poor Tinkerbell was shooed out the door and Jessie the Cowgirl and Buzz Light year were ushered in with gusto!!! I was horrified at this last minute change as I had been planning the perfect Tinkerbell Birthday Party for months! All bets were off now... but with a quick Google image search I found plenty of Toy Story party inspiration from around the world! I now had two months to rework the whole birthday theme and this is what I came up with:

Bella's 2nd Birthday Toy Story Extravaganza! 

First of all I made the invitation's, this was so much fun! It took me a while to put a sample together I liked but in the end I created the perfect invitation for the theme. 
*Photo to come (I have to make another one as I forgot to take a photo of one for the blog! Opps! A small oversight!) 

The invitations really helped me establish a look for the party so next was the cake - again I used the amazing ladies at Mio Cupcake & Cakes! This time I booked them well in advance and together we finally came up with a final design... although I changed my mind at least half a dozen times!!! 
In the end, the cake that was to be the centrepiece of the dessert table was a Jessie the Cowgirl Cake!
 Originally I had thought more along the lines of a generic Toy Story cake but my girl loves Jessie so a Jessie Cake it was and the result was pure perfection! What do you think?




Bella's Jessie the Cowgirl Birthday cake created by Mio Cupcakes & Cakes

A modern day dessert table would not be complete without delicious Orio Cake Pops!
Created by Mio Cupcakes & Cakes 


Mini Windmills in the haystack's were a colourful addition! 

Mini Cowboy hat's were super cute and looked great on the kids! 
Chocolate Fountain time again!!!
This time with Strawberry and Marshmellow Kebabs  for dipping!
The kids who came were all 1 and 2 year old's
so instead of games I had activities such as pony sticks to run around on - this was the pony stop! 
The Dessert Table  

Sheriff Badges for all to play dress-ups with!

Like Bella's 1st Birthday Party I wanted to offer a savoury option again but did not want to take away from the dessert table so I created a savoury themed table with Buzz Light Year as the Hero. It looked great but the food never made it to the table because the guests kept eating it as the platters walked through - but at least it made for a great drink stand, lol! 

Alien Party Hats and Paper Eskimo Party Plates all tied into the theme perfectly! 
The colour scheme was brilliant! It was really easy to source different items in these colours and tie the theme altogether. 
I didn't want to make the theme all pre-printed Toy Story product as I think it can make a party look tacky so I used limited key pieces like the balloon feature to highlight the Toy Story theme; everything else was simply tied into the theme by colour. 
I created the little food signage myself as a cute addition. 
Buzz Light Year Savoury Food Table (which ended up being an overdecorated drinks table!)
The food that never made it to the table included 'Slinky Dogs' aka. Cheerios in dinner rolls, Mr Pie Heads aka. mini meat pies and Rex Rolls aka. mini sausage rolls.

As well as pony sticks we had a bubble machine ($10 from Big W, worked perfectly!)
the kids loved them!

I created an Etch-A-Sketch from cardboard bought from the newsagent and
made Toy Story Props i.e speech bubbles, Mr Potato Head features and
Buzz Light Year Helmet for people to 'Photo Booth' with at the party -
everyone loved it! Made for some memorable photos!
Birthday Girl with Grandpa... or should I say Mr Potato Head!
Alien and Mr Potato Head aka. Mummy and Daddy
Buzz Light Year, Lips and Alien
It rained on the day of the party so the cowgirl photo set-up could not go ahead,
but I didn't want it to go to waste so the day after the party I set it up anyway and got so brilliant photo's of the birthday girl xoxo
They were a hoot!

Party Stats:
Cost (for everything) $650
Guests: 25
Duration: 2hours... but everyone was having so much fun it went on for about 4hours!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment